You are invited to compete at Art Battle – Toronto on Tuesday, October 22nd!
You must ACCEPT this invitation to participate. If you do not accept within 48 hours your spot may not be guaranteed.
Art Battle – Toronto!
The Great Hall – Longboat Hall
1087 Queen St West
Tuesday, October 22nd
ARTIST CALL TIME: 7:00PM
Doors open to public: 7:30PM
Main contact – Gina Rogers!
Your pre-event contact for this event is Gina Rogers! If you need to get in contact with Art Battle before the event, Gina can be reached at [email protected]
Competition structure and rounds:
- Art Battle is Live Competitive Painting.
- 16 painters create the best work they can using acrylic paint and approved mediums.*
- Each event features three (3) x 20 minute rounds of public painting.
- 8 painters will compete in Round 1, the remaining 8 in Round 2
- The top two painters from each of round 1/2 (as voted by the audience) will go into a 3rd, ‘Final Round’ with a new canvas.
- In the Final Round, the audience will again vote, and a single Winner will be chosen for the event.
- The Winner will advance to the next level of competition!
- All work is auctioned to the highest bidder (silent auction)
Works created at Art Battle will be silent auctioned with 50% of the proceeds going to the artists. Your local organizer will let you know the expected timeline and method of payment at the event. Works that do not sell remain the property of Art Battle.
What to bring
Make sure to bring your BRUSHES and permitted mediums (listed below) Art Battle will provide the following additional materials – canvas, paint, easels, water containers, palettes, mixing plates and shop towels for rags.
Admission for you is free and you can bring one (1) guest
Your admission to the event is free and includes one free guest. To keep it simple, your guest (1) can give YOUR name at the door unless indicated otherwise by your local organizer.
- Artists have 20 minutes to create their painting.
- Artists may use the acrylic paint provided by Art Battle AS WELL AS outside media that they bring – alternate acrylic paint, oil paint, watercolour, gouache, charcoal, markers, pastels, and indoor safe sugar sprays only*.
- Artists are provided with 1 canvas, 1 palette, 1 mixing plates, cleaning towels, and 1 water container per round.
- The top 2 Artists by audience vote in each of Round 1 and 2 will advance to compete again in Round 3.
- In Round 3, Artists make a new palette and are provided with new canvas.
- There is no theme, Artists not limited in subject matter.
* Indoor safe sugar sprays ONLY, may not be permitted in all venues. (edited)
What to bring
More questions and answers are posted on artbattle.com/artist-faq
Art Battle International