Congratulations on your invitation to paint the Art Battle – Florida State Championship on Saturday, March 14th!
This is your official artist invitation, you must read all information below and accept this invitation to participate within 48 hours to guarantee your spot. If you are not available for this date, please kindly let us know.
Art Battle – Florida State Championship
Selby Library – 1331 1st Street, Sarasota, FL
Saturday, March 14th
ARTIST CALL TIME: 6:30PM
Doors open to public: 7:00PM
Art Battle is a global live art tournament. Artists compete live – transforming blank canvas to finished works, as audiences experience the spectacle and individual creations. The audience decides their winners each round, with votes cast for their chosen artist.
Share the excitement on social media by inviting friends to the facebook event and on instagram by tagging #artbattle @artbattle and @artbattlesarasota
Follow the global competition and vote for your favourite artists by downloading the Art Battle App!
12-16 artists are split into two 20 minute qualifying rounds. The top 2 painters from each round as determined by audience vote will paint a second time in the 3rd and Final Round with a fresh canvas.
In the Final Round, the audience will again vote, and a single event winner will be chosen.
The event winner will advance to the National Championship (date to be announced)! Works created are silent auctioned to the highest bidder.
Art Battle Open Materials Rules
- Artists have 20 minutes to create their competition artwork.
- The canvas use the blank canvas provided as the surface for their artwork
- Artists are encouraged to bring their own mediums and tools. A limited set of acrylic paint is provided by local Art Battle producers. Artists are encouraged (but not required) to bring outside medium — Allowed mediums include: acrylic paint, ink, oil paint, charcoal, pen, pencil, watercolor, and more. Water based aerosol and airbrush are permitted by Art Battle, but may be restricted depending on venue requirements. If using oil paints only Odorless Mineral Spirits or Gamsol will be permitted for solvent.
- The use of reference images are permitted, but not required. Any reference images must be printed or prepared on paper.
- Pre-made images (collage), including stencils, are not permitted. Creation of stencils ‘at the easel’ and during competition time is permitted.
- The local/global audience votes for the best artwork in each round, and the winner(s) advance to further rounds/events.
- Artists must use the provided canvas as the surface for their artwork.
Auction and Voting
Audiences can vote, bid and follow their favorite artists at the event they are attending as well as other events all over the world using the Art Battle App – Search “Art Battle” in the app store or on google play to download. Be sure to download the app before your event so you can vote too!
Works created at Art Battle will be silent auctioned with 50% of the proceeds going to the artists. Your local organizer will let you know the expected timeline and method of payment at the event. Works that do not sell remain the property of Art Battle.
Art Battle will provide canvas, basic selection of acrylic paint, easels, water containers, palettes, and mixing plates. Artists are provided with 1 canvas, 1 palette and 1 water container per round. You should bring your brushes and any other additional permitted media or tools you would like to use. See rule 3. for additional permitted media.
Main contact – Morgan Booth
Your pre-event contact for this event is Morgan Booth! If you need to get in contact with Art Battle before the event or have any questions, please email [email protected]
More questions and answers are posted on artbattle.com/artist-faq