You are invited to compete at Art Battle – Mississauga on Thursday, February 20th!
You must ACCEPT this invitation to participate. If you do not accept within 48 hours your spot may not be guaranteed.
Art Battle – Mississauga
The Rec Room @ Square One
100 City Centre Dr #1-705
Thursday, February 20th
ARTIST CALL TIME: 7:00PM
Doors open to public: 7:30PM
Main contact – Gina Rogers!
Your pre-event contact for this event is Gina Rogers! If you need to get in contact with Art Battle before the event, Gina can be reached at [email protected]
Competition structure and rounds:
- Art Battle is Live Competitive Painting.
- 12 painters create the best work they can using only acrylic paint.
- Each event features three (3) x 20 minute rounds of public painting.
- 6 painters will compete in Round 1, the remaining 6 in Round 2
- The top two painters from each of round 1/2 (as voted by the audience) will go into a 3rd, ‘Final Round’ with a new canvas.
- In the Final Round, the audience will again vote, and a single Winner will be chosen for the event.
- The Winner will advance to the next level of competition!
- All work is auctioned to the highest bidder (silent auction)
Works created at Art Battle will be silent auctioned with 50% of the proceeds going to the artists. Your local organizer will let you know the expected timeline and method of payment at the event. Works that do not sell remain the property of Art Battle.
What to bring
You should only bring your BRUSHES and any other non-marking, non-mechanical tools you would like to use. Art Battle will provide the following materials – canvas, paint, easels, water containers, palettes, mixing plates and shop towels for rags.
Admission for you is free and you can bring one (1) guest
Your admission to the event is free and includes one free guest. To keep it simple, your guest (1) can give YOUR name at the door unless indicated otherwise by your local organizer.
- Artists have 20 minutes to create their competition artwork.
- Artists must use the blank provided canvas as the surface for their artwork.
- Artists are encouraged to bring their own mediums and tools. A limited set of acrylic paint is provided by local Art Battle producers. Artists are encouraged (but not required) to bring outside medium — Allowed mediums include: acrylic paint, ink, oil paint, charcoal, pen, pencil, watercolor, and more. Water based aerosol and airbrush are permitted by Art Battle, but may be restricted depending on venue requirements. If using oil paints only Odorless Mineral Spirits or Gamsol will be permitted for solvent. *email your local organizer if you are unsure about a material
- The use of reference images are permitted, but not required. Any reference images must be printed or prepared on paper.
- Pre-made images (collage), including stencils, are not permitted. Creation of stencils ‘at the easel’ and during competition time is permitted.
- The local/global audience votes for the best artwork in each round, and the winner(s) advance to further rounds/events.
More questions and answers are posted on artbattle.com/artist-faq
Art Battle International