Event information for Participating Artists of the Art Battle Youth Tournament – Mississauga on Wednesday, March 13th!
Art Battle Youth Tournament
The Living Arts Centre
4141 Living Arts Dr.
Wednesday, March 13th
ARTIST CALL TIME: 6:00PM
Doors open to public: 6:30PM
TICKETS: GENERAL ADMISSION $22.50, STUDENTS $12.50
Point Of Contact:
Gina Rogers will be your pre-event contact. She can be reached at [email protected]
Three round competition
Art Battle is Live Competitive Painting. 12 painters create the best work they can using only acrylic paint across three 15 minute rounds of public painting. 6 painters will compete in Round 1, another 6 in Round 2, the top two painters from each round will go into a 3rd and Final Round with a new canvas. The audience vote for the winners of each round, and the single winner of each event.
This event will feature artists from the ages of 12-17.
Participating artists under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Guardian entry will be free of charge.
Works created at Art Battle will be silent auctioned with 50% of the proceeds going to the artists. Your local organizer will let you know the expected timeline and method of payment at the event. Works that do not sell remain the property of Art Battle.
What to bring
You should only bring your BRUSHES and any other non-marking, non-mechanical tools you would like to use. Art Battle will provide the following materials – canvas, paint, easels, water containers, palettes, mixing plates and shop towels for rags.
- Artists have 20 minutes to create their painting. unless otherwise noted by organizer
- Artists may only use the acrylic paint provided by Art Battle. No outside media is permitted.
- Artists are provided with 1 canvas, 1 palette, 2 mixing plates, cleaning towels, and 1 water container per Round.
- During competition Artists may use any non-mechanical tools: Brushes, palette knives, rollers, sponges, tape etc. Tape must be removed before end of the Round.
- Pre-made images, stencils or mechanical tools (spray bottle, hair dryer, etc) are not permitted.
- Palettes must be set prior to the beginning of each Round. No additional paint once the Round begins.
- Artists may not mix paint until the Round begins.
- Reference material is not permitted at the easel.
- The top 2 Artists by audience vote in each of Round 1 and 2 will advance to compete again in Round 3.
- In Round 3, Artists make a new palette and are provided with new canvas and supplies.
- There is no Theme, Artists not limited in subject matter
More questions and answers are posted on artbattle.com/artist-faq
Art Battle International